Sunday, October 01, 2006

Phildar Poncho

phildar poncho

pattern: Phildar Pitchoun automne-hiver 2006-2007, pattern n. 10
yarn: Lopo Xavier &Ca. Phoebus (100% wool), in orange, pink, dark red, light green, medium green, light and medium blue. A total of 250g.
3,5mm crochet hook

comments: Even though I'm not a big crocheter, I found this a great way to use the leftover yarn in bright colours from my Sugarplum Pullover. The only colour I had to buy some more was the dark red one. The pattern was really easy, and even so it took me at least three attempts to figure out the picot edging and the finishing piece of the crochet cord for the neck...


kommentit: Virkkaaminen ei todellakaan suju minulta kovin näppärästi, mutta tämä oli mielestäni mainio tapa päästä eroon Sugarplum-paidan kirkaanvärissitä jämälangoista. Ja ainoa väri, jota jouduin ostamaan yhden vyyhdin lisää oli tummanpunainen. Malli oli todella helppo, mutta silti nirkkoreunus ja tuo kaulanarun loppuhärveli onnistuivat vasta noin kolmannella yrityksellä...

phildar poncho swirl

Tänään on ohjelmassa ompelua! (lisää tähän Twilight Zone- teemamusiikkia): ajattelin ensin lämmitellä lyhentämällä noin viidet housut, paikkaamalla kolmet 6-vuotiaan farkut, ja päärmäämällä yhden pöytäliinan... ensi viikolla on luvassa neljan päivän viikonloppu ja aikomuksena saada aikaiseksi jotain ihan vaatteesta käypää... jännitys kohoaa!

Today I decided to sew! (insert Twilight Zone theme music here): First I'm going to warm up by mending three pairs of jeans for a six-year-old (it's always the left knee!), shortening five pairs of trousers and hemming a tablecloth... next week I'll have a four-day weekend and I am seriously thinking of producing something that could be called clothing... oh the excitement!

7 comments:

tikru said...

Söpö :)
Ja odotan innolla miltä näyttää tuo Sugar plum.

Anonymous said...

Kauniisti kuvattu tuo poncho, joka on väreiltään melkoisen herkullinen. Huolisin tuollaisen itsellenikin tänne harmaaseen syksyyn.

Mari said...

tikru: kiitos - ja minäkin odotan sitä sugaplummia... täytyy varmaan tehdä se valmiiksi :-D
ainaoikein: kiitos, se on tosiaan aika reippaan värikäs!
jacqueline: thanks! happily enough my daughter thought so, too!

handknit168 said...

It is a good idea to use-up the leftover to knit a colourful knitting stuff. The poncho is beautiful for a child.

Anonymous said...

I'm huge,... no, I am HUGE fan of ponchos! And there is nothing sweeter than kid in it!
And you are right - always left knee - I also have to fix a grand hole on my kid's throusers!

Toukan äiti said...

Poncho on kaunis ja aivan mahtavat kuvat!

Mari said...

handknit168 & sandra: I have to agree: a kid in a poncho and you can't go wrong! :-)

lina: kiitos :-)